Monday 20 April 2009

ZPR girls and BOY!

Yes I am male and I’ve been catapulted into the female-dominated world of ZPR. But fear not readers, the life-size David Beckham poster is still in place (soon to be joined by a life-size Jennifer Anniston poster?) and topics of conversation still include all things beauty, fashion and eligible men.

I may have been thrown in at the deep end, but the good news is I’m learning fast. Sunin was a hair dye from the 1980s and it’s back at Superdrug, nudes are in (it’s a clothing colour!) and House of Holland is not in Amsterdam, it’s a design house which has just lent its touch to a new range of tights from Pretty Polly.

On the client front, it’s also been in at the deep end. Easter for new client B&Q is like Christmas was for my old employer (very busy!!) and in the three weeks I’ve been here we’ve issued, on behalf of B&Q, three national news stories, there’s been two store openings, a product release every day and I’ve become an expert on peat, apprentices and green energy.

And we’re not expecting any let-up in pace. Two busy DIY bank holiday weekends are on the way and the onset of summer means Britain gets busy in its garden – not surprisingly a key time for the UK’s biggest garden retailer.

So business as usual at Z PR, there’s just a man about the place.

No comments: